Past Speaking Engagements, Presentations & Events
My latest exhibit was a one-day event at the San Diego Central Library. Along with other winners, I participated in a booth promoting the San Diego Book Awards Association. (My first two books, Maiden Voyage and Sailing the South Pacific, won first place for Best Nonfiction, Travel. My third book The Long Way Back will be judged this year.) UPDATE: The Long Way Back won First Place in the category of Published Travel!! Thanks to all for your kind support.
Thursday October 11, 2018: Polk County Museum/Historical Society 120 W Main St, Balsam Lake, WI 54810
Author Lois Joy Hofmann presented to a full room at the Polk County Museum/Historical Society at 6:30pm on Thursday October 11, 2018. She read a couple of sections from her latest book, The Long Way Back, and referred to some of the 150+ photos and maps. Books were available to follow along and for purchase afterward. Lois was available for book signing and the museum will be provided the refreshments. She donated the pirate decorations for their Halloween event.
August Book Tour Wisconsin and Minnesota
- August 11: Osceola Public Library, 1 p.m.
- August 16: Croix Falls Public Library, 4 p.m.
- August 18: Amery Public Library, 10:30 a.m.
- August 20: Bloomington Noon Rotary Club, Bloomington, MN 12:00
- August 22: Balsam Lake Public Library, 6 p.m.
- UPCOMING: October 11: Polk County Museum/Historical Society, Balsam Lake WI, 6:30 p.m.